Friday, December 5, 2008

One of the best is gone...............


Roger Herald Romero
Roger Herald Romero August 14, 1960 - November 19, 2008 God put his arms around you and lifted you to rest. Gods garden must be beautiful because he only takes the best. A loving father strong and proud lived with dignity, confidence and commitment to his loving family. Refusing to pursue promotions to be with his children, Roger served as a Sergeant in the City of Santa Fe Police Department, providing service and safety to the public. He placed his own life on the line to protect and serve. Recipient of the Medal of Valor, the highest honor a Police Officer can receive for public service. Roger is survived and will be treasured by Susie Romero; his son Adamus Romero; daughter Brianna Romero; mother Laura Romero; sister Christine Thomas, husband Brad Thomas and children; brothers, Greg Romero, wife Dolores Romero and children; Ron Romero, wife Paulette Romero and children.

Roger was my supervisor, and more importantly, my friend while I was a cop in Santa Fe. It was always fun working along side of him. He was always the butt of my practical jokes and he took it well. Its been more than two weeks since he passed and I'm still hurting inside. I wish that I could have been there at the end for him. Viya con dios, Roger. You'll be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment